When: June 23, 2-5 p.m.
Location: Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino
El Rancho de las Golondrinas
Purchase Tickets Online or by phone at (505) 471-2261
Seniors (62+): $5.00
Teens (13-18): $5.00
12 and under: FREE
Ven a jugar con nosotros! Come out and play with us! Games, crafts and entertainment for the whole family. All children 12 and under are admitted free.
At this special children’s weekend, kids can:
• Shoot a bow and arrow
• Make a miniature adobe house
• Take a wagon ride
• Make (and eat!) tortillas on the comal
• Make a tin stamped ornament, a corn husk doll, paper flowers and more
• Play the old Spanish game of Pitarilla
• Weave on a mini loom
• Meet adorable miniature horese
• Enjoy a magic show by Professor Cheesecurdle
• Participate in a puppet show and parade with Sunny Birklund
• Hear New Mexico stories from Paulette Atencio
• Get their face painted
• See talented children perform Mexican Folklorico dances
• Dress up in the clothes of Spanish settlers
• And more!
El Rancho de las Golondrinas is the premier living history museum of the southwest, whose purpose is to preserve the typical northern New Mexico landscape with farms and villages and their inhabitants’ lifestyle from the early Spanish colonial period to the beginning of the 20th century.