When: July 5, August 5 & September 13
Location: The Downs at Santa Fe
Presented by the Santa Fe Master Gardener Association
Admission and Parking: Free
10th ANNUAL SPRING GARDEN FAIR
Presented by the SANTA FE MASTER GARDENER ASSOCIATION
SATURDAY - MAY 3, 2014
10 AM - 4 PM
Santa Fe County Fairgrounds
3229 Rodeo Road, Santa Fe, NM
FREE Admission and Parking
Join in the fun and festivities at the 10th Annual Spring Garden Fair presented by the Santa Fe Master Gardener Association (SFMGA). Celebrate with us as the Garden Fair kicks off Santa Fe’s highly anticipated gardening season. The Fair is in full swing from 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday, May 3, 2014 at the Santa Fe County Fairgrounds.
Come Early and Stay Late!
• Listen to our Speakers share their expertise on a variety of gardening topics.
• Watch expert Demonstrations on fun and educational gardening projects.
• Visit with our Vendors to learn more about their products and services.
• Participate in the Best Plant Sale in Santa Fe. Drop By and Enjoy This Year’s Dynamic Speakers:
• Tracy Neal - Horticulturist, Landscape Designer and Certified Arborist will guide participants toward optimal choices as he presents information “On Plant Selection for Climate Change.”
• Michael Melendrez - Co-Founder and a Principal Owner of Soil Secrets LLC, in Los Lunas, NM will help raise awareness as he provides insight on “Unraveling the Secret to Building a Healthy Soil.”
• Bob Ross - Landscape Architect, Garden Consultant, Host of the weekly radio show, Gardens, Food, and Santa Fe and Owner of Gardens in the Santa Fe Farmers Market Building will share timely tips and exciting ideas about “Beautiful, Bountiful and Easy Container Gardening”.
The SFMGA Garden Fair is famous for its hugely popular plant sale--considered by many to be the Best in Santa Fe. Choose from an abundance of plants organized to make it easy to select companion plants that work well together and create a perfectly balanced garden. You can find rabbit resistant plants, plants that attract pollinators, shade tolerant plants, plants for a cutting garden, and drought tolerant plants especially chosen for our changing climate. Also, look for some early season vegetables/herbs and some annuals.
The Fair would not be complete without a large and popular selection of Exhibit Vendors. Drop by to chat and to get information, advice, and products that will interest novice and experienced gardeners alike. As always, Food Vendors will tempt us with irresistible aromas from some of our favorite foods.
Must See Attractions
• Drop by the Garden Shop where new and gently used gardening supplies are offered for sale.
• Watch Doug Poushard, founder of Harvest H2o.com, give a highly informative demonstration on How to Build a Rain Barrel.
• Be inspired to action as you observe Master Gardeners demonstrate the fascinating world of Composting. And . . . see cute worms in action!
• Bring the kids to the Junior Gardener Corner to take part in exciting activities, including a Special Passport Program that guides them to Fair exhibits about honeybees, compost and soil, worms, bugs, seeds, flowers, herbs and much more.
For more information visit the Santa Fe Master Gardener Association website at www.sfmga.org.