As promised here is my special Vitality breakfast recipe to keep you going for at least 5 hours! Guaranteed. As I've shared before breakfast is the most important meal of your day, it literally sets your metabolic process to function optimally for proper weight management. Starting your day with two cups of lemon water will get your digestive system going - getting ready for your first meal of the day. In addition, lemon water raises your pH levels and properly hydrates you. Eating a well balanced breakfast is essential to keeping your energy going for several hours, it must include a good source of protein, healthy fats and complex carbs (fruits and vegetables) and always from organic sources.
I invite you to listen to the April 18th pod cast on Healthy Fats and learn from health coaches, Luis Rivera and Charmaine Quintana, why healthy fats are essential for your overall Vitality. Now for those of you who don't have an appetite for a meal first thing in the morning I have some tasty protein smoothie recipes that will do the trick. Message me and I will email you a smoothie recipe. In the mean time here's the Vitality "Tower of Power" breakfast recipe! And know that I am available to consult with you on your specific bio-individual nutritional needs and health concerns.
- 1/4 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado
- Optional: A strip of organic bacon or smoked salmon
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
2 cups of your favorite leafy green (spinach, rainbow chard, kale)
- 2 cups of chopped green zucchini and green peppers, or green beans or asparagus
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro or 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
Plantain Patties: 1 cup of grated plantain mixed with chopped manchego cheese and scallions season with Celtic Sea salt and pepper, round into small patties.
- Sauté garlic and onions on medium high for a few minutes, add mushrooms, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Add your choice of chopped vegetables or leafy greens, cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat
- In a separate pan fry the egg in coconut oil
- In a separate pan fry the plantain patties in coconut oil
- Assemble the "Tower of Power" by layering: Place plantain patty on dish top with bacon strips, then veggies, then add fried egg on top garnished with avocado chunks with cilantro or if you choose to do without bacon add pieces of smoked salmon, avocado and cilantro on top
- Season with some Chalula sauce for added flare and enjoy every bite!
Email Val to redeem your protein smoothie recipe and your complimentary health consultation: info@VitalityWithVal.us