January 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM
"Area casinos celebrate with giveaways, food and entertainment..."
Enchanted Odds - An Insight Into the Santa Fe Area Casinos
David Oakeley is a marketeer, journalist, and a ski/golf nut.
Casinos love special days because they offer a good excuse to have a giveaway or fun event, and that’s the case in February at several of the casinos in the Santa Fe area.
On Valentine’s Day, the Santa Claran Casino and Hotel’s Black Mesa Steakhouse offers a fantastic four-course meal for two on Friday, Feb. 10, Saturday, Feb. 11 and Tuesday, Feb. 14. The cost is $99 per couple and includes appetizer, soup or salad and your choice of a filet, lamb chops, lobster tail or salmon, plus dessert. Reservations are recommended.
Ohkay Casino is featuring the February Sweethearts Dance on Saturday, Feb. 11. Tickets are only $15 per couple; $30 if you want dinner, $99 if you want a hotel room. Entertainment is by Cuarenta y Cinco.
Buffalo Thunder is giving away money on Feb. 14 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the Sweetheart Slot Tournament. The top 10 scores win cash with a top prize of $5,000. Couples can combine scores to claim a prize. Free slot play will be awarded to the next ten top scores.
Cities of Gold Casino is giving way a free “plush devil” or rose cubic zirconium earrings on Feb. 13 and Feb. 14 for persons who ear 10 points. On Feb. 14, $5,000 will be given away at the Cities of Gold from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in hot seat drawings.
On President’s Day, Feb. 20, Ohkay Casino is having a $200 “hot seat” giveaway every hour between 12:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Here are some of the other promotions going on at each of the casinos:
At Ohkay the $36,000 hot seat promotion continues as does the “Dream Come True” promotion in which a new manufactured home, a GMC 4x4 or $20,000 in cash will be given away. Also at Ohkay:
- $Scratchers on Saturday & Sunday – With qualifying cash purchase receive a free scratcher; earn five points playing with your Winners Club Card to redeem each scratcher for up to $500 in Bonus slot play, max of two scratchers per day redeemed.
- Pit Happy Hour and Black Jack Tournament, $3 black jack tables open nightly from 3-5 p.m.
At the Santa Claran beginning on Wednesday Feb. 8, players can get free silicon bakeware when they earn 25 points (while supplies last). The Espanola casino also has a plethora of daily giveaways.
- Blackjack Tournament - Queen of Hearts Tournament every Thursday. $30 Buy-in, up to $2,000 prize pool.
- Game Show weekend - every Thursday through Sunday. Every 50 pts gets you an entry into one of the drawings to win great cash prizes.
- Thursday drawings 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. features - Cash Bull's Eye.
- Friday drawings 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. features - Joker's Wild
- Saturday drawings 7 p.m. - 10 p.m features - Throw for the Dough
- Sundays drawings 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. features - Hi/Lo
- Mondays - 3x's points
- Tuesdays Hot Seat - $250 every half hour between 6:30 p.m. and 11 p.m
- Wednesdays - Seniors day - Hot Seat drawings during the day and food specials in the café
- Saturday's - Military & Public Service Appreciation Day - $10 in Bonus Slot Play from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with proper credentials. Plus 99 cent breakfast in the cafe from 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
The Cities of Gold and Buffalo Thunder casinos are featuring the “$75,000 Spin to Win” promotion Feb. 26-28 as follows:
- Starting Monday February 6 through February 28 Slot & Table Games players are eligible to receive one entry for every 10 points.
- Preliminary drawings for FREE Play are every Saturday & Sunday starting Saturday February 11 through Sunday February 26.
- Finale drawings for CASH are Tuesday February 28.
Both the Pojoaque Casinos also are honoring veterans on Feb. 7. Veterans will receive the following:
- Buy-one-get-one-FREE entrée at the Turquoise Trail.
- Guests will also be entered into a drawing the following Thursday on February 9 at 3 p.m.
- Slot and table game players are eligible to receive one entry for every 10 points earned. $25 FREE Play drawing (four winners)
Buffalo Thunder Resort will present “Beatlemania”, a tribute to the Beatles on Thursday Feb. 9 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.