August 26, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Once a Day Marketing LLC
By James Glover
Once a Day Marketing
James Glover, That Branding Guy, provides the inspiration and ideas for you to build more mindshare and capture marketshare with your customers in his Once a Day Marketing blog. Tune in often to his short, entertaining and practical marketing and branding tips and watch your organization become more successful and profitable.
Listen to our featured Those Branding Guys radio show podcast: Ask Those Branding Guys Top 10 Branding Tips
Hello, I’m Jim Glover, That Branding Guy, for Once a Day Marketing™. On our radio show Ask Those Branding Guys, we shared our Top 10 branding and marketing activities that all business should be doing to achieve success:
1. The 7Ps of Marketing – Focus attention on each of these elements. Leverage them to enhance the various aspects of your business and create a better customer experience.
2. Allocate a Marketing Budget – Resources for marketing and branding should not be an afterthought. All businesses should have a line item in their P&L for work with a professional to create and drive out their message.
3. Target Marketing Efforts – Don’t try to be all things to all people, identify the consumer segment who is your most likely customer and concentrate efforts on that audience.
4. The Customer is King – Know all you can about your customers. This will enable you to create specific messaging telling customers how your product makes them better.
5. Tell Customers Why – Connect with your customers on an emotional level; focus on why your product is important to them rather than what it is about.
6. Ensure Your Message is Cohesive – Identify the one clear aspect that is unique and defines your brand. Allow that to flow through all marketing and advertising efforts.
7. Understand the Difference Between Branding, Marketing and Advertising – Know the definitions and how these components work together; execute all the elements.
8. Capture Mind-Share – Ensure your message is in the market place with enough frequency that customers recall your brand when it’s time to make a purchase.
9. Use Professional Services – Develop a relationship with a Branding/Advertising professional either internal or external. These experts bring a tremendous amount of experience to the table and will ensure you are sharing the right message and that your social media and other material is polished and professional.
10. Avoid the #1 Reason Businesses Fail – Most businesses don’t know enough about marketing or don’t market enough. Spend time every day on some aspect of marketing for your business.
Enjoy the show.
Once a Day Marketing™ positions brands to become #1 in the minds of target customers. Visit our website at www.onceadaymarketing.com. Contact James Glover at (505) 501-1330 or email email@example.com. Listen to Ask Those Branding Guys™ every Monday at 11:00am (MDT) streaming live on SantaFe.com KVSF 101.5 FM.
© 2014 Once a Day Marketing™.All rights reserved.