June 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM
By James Glover
Once a Day Marketing
James Glover, That Branding Guy, provides the inspiration and ideas for you to market every day in his Once a Day Marketing video blog. Tune in daily to his short, entertaining and practical marketing and branding tips and watch your organization become more successful.
Once a Day Marketing™ featured video blog: 5 Great Reasons to Blog
Hello, I’m Jim Glover, That Branding Guy, for Once a Day Marketing™. Today is Digital Friday and I'm going to encourage you to think about blogging if you haven't already started a blog.
I know blogging isn't for every brand but it probably should be. Blogging is a big time commitment. You have to create relevant content that resonates with your customers. Blogging for the sake of blogging isn’t going to add value if no one cares about your content or doesn't follow you. Here are my top 5 reasons to blog.
1) It keeps you on top of your game. When creating a blog and presenting it to your audience you have to stay current on your subject matter and be an expert.
2) You position yourself as the content expert because people are following your blog and relying on your information.
3) It creates an inbound marketing campaign. We’ve talked about the importance of this previously in previous blogs. You are creating a presence on the internet and competing against other businesses that are also mounting inbound marketing campaigns. SEO love blogs and you increase your chance of customers discovering your work as you place more content.
4) Blogs are a very useful tool in other ways. When I engage potential clients I often send them pertinent links from my own branding videos. The blogs become powerful sales tool in my marketing tool kit.
5) You are able to engage your followers. They will comment, share likes and dislikes and you have the opportunity to respond and develop a relationship.
Blogging does create attention for your brand. The simple fact that you are reading this blog proves my point.
Once a Day Marketing™ positions brands to become #1 in the minds of target customers. Visit our website at www.onceadaymarketing.com. Contact James Glover at (505) 501-1330 or email email@example.com. Listen to Ask Those Branding Guys every Monday at noon (MDT) streaming live on Santafe.com KVSF 101.5 FM.
© 2013 Once a Day Marketing™. All rights reserved.