- 2 pounds boneless stew meat, cubed
- 4 tablespoons ground red chile
- 6 small potatoes, boiled, skinned, and cubed
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy saucepan put meat and
- 3 cups of water, bring to a boil, and simmer for about one hour.
- In a mixing bowl combine potatoes, chile, and 1"2 cup water, and then mash to make a smooth paste. Add 1-1"2 cups water.
- Add chile mixture to meat and continue cooking for an additional hour or until meat is tender. Add salt to taste.
Recipes from Marcia Keegan's Southwest Indian Cookbook (Clear Light Publishing) at www.clearlightbooks.com/newmexico. For more about Marcia Keegan see www.marciakeegan.com.