- 1"2 cup raisins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1"2 loaf of sliced bread, toasted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3"4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1"2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1"2 cup milk
- Soak raisins in hot water.
- Toast the bread and allow to cool.
- Add beaten eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon to raisins.
- Layer bread, cheese, and raisin mixture in a baking dish or casserole. Add milk.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and pudding is firm.
Recipes from Marcia Keegan's Southwest Indian Cookbook (Clear Light Publishing) at www.clearlightbooks.com/newmexico. For more about Marcia Keegan see www.marciakeegan.com.